Sunday, 13 April 2014

John Hurt Colour Wash!


So here we finally are! My portrait of John Hurt, finally got around to the colour wash for him.

I'm sorry it's been a bit slow with the blogging, seems to be the story of my life!

But I hope you guys like it! overall it probably took me about 4 hours to do the colour wash, mainly because I am trying out a few more techniques, which seem to be having a better effect on my work.

So all in all I actually really enjoyed this painting mainly because it's the best one I've done so far but also the fact that when I review all my previous work I can see that I am getting better in leaps and bounds!

So without further ado! Here we are;


So as you can see this is my first finished digital portrait of the actor John Hurt.

There is of course still a lot of tweaking to do, but I'm really happy with the outcome as it proves to me that with patience and practice, you can do what you love to do, and slowly become good at it.

There will of course be more portraits to come, and I'll look to sort out any flaws and in general edge ever nearer to my goal of being an accomplished portrait artist!

Until next time guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment